Monday, September 5, 2011

It's okay.

I've always been really good at hiding my feelings.
And making it seem like everything is okay.
I'm excellent at avoiding the question,
"What's wrong?"
And I am superb at keeping people out of my personal life.

But when it comes down to it, 
I don't want to keep people out anymore.
Because sometimes I need to talk to someone.
And sometimes I just want to be emotional for a minute.
But no one is there if you push them all away.
Sometimes it is okay to just let someone in.
And it's okay to fall apart every now and then.
It helps if someone is there to pick up the pieces.

You don't need to be strong at all times.
If you need to fall on someone just for a little bit while you find yourself again,
It's okay.
Fall.
And let someone help you back up.

And sometimes, it's okay not to be perfect.

2 comments:

laura... said...

i'm bawling. thanks jenna.

Jesse and Laur said...

I absolutely loved this.