Friday, December 2, 2011

New Life's Resolutions.

Well, November came and went.
Now December is already here.
Along with the first day of the last month of the year, 
I got a new perspective.
First of all,
I went to college today.
Not actual classes..
But I had an appointment with a counselor so I can sign up for classes.
An appointment I should have made a month ago.
I just kept putting it off.
Because I knew that as soon as I made the appointment,
It all would begin.
Life.
And I was a little bit scared of life.
I was scared that I was going to have to decide my future.
And I wasn't even sure what I wanted my future to consist of.
So I ignored it.
I was living in this imaginary world where everything would just, happen.
And I was terrified to step out of that dream.
But I did.
And things feel good.
I still don't know exactly how my future is going to pan out. 
But I'm not scared of it anymore.
I'm excited.
Excited to see what college will bring.
Excited to see what God has in store for me.
I can tell you this, I will do the things I want. 
Like travel.
Everywhere.
And find real love.
Have kids.
Then travel with them.
And sometimes we look at our lives, our parents lives, and we just figure that we won't be able to do the things we so badly desire.
We figure that wealth breads wealth and only the wealthy can afford things like traveling.
But here's the thing, anyone can do anything.
Money isn't an issue.
If you want something, work for it.
You don't have to come from a wealthy family to do those things.
You just have to want it.
How many stories are there of ridiculously poor people who amount to everything?
And rich people who amount to absolutely nothing?
Your future is what you make of it. 
Some call what happens to us fate.
I call it choice.
Because things will happen, but you have a choice of how they will affect you. 
So, starting today, I make my own future.
And don't worry,
Soon you will all be reading about how incredible my life will be.
Just wait.

No comments: