Saturday, January 7, 2012

Twenty Seconds.

"All it takes is 20 seconds of insane courage and great things will happen.
I promise."
-We Bought a Zoo

We walked into Sparks and he was the first person I saw.
A striped long sleeve henley, and jet black hair.
He was there with one other guy friend.
They sat at a corner table and when we finally got seated, 
we were in the perfect spot across from them.
He and I made eye contact multiple times throughout the night.
We could tell they were getting ready to leave and so one of my good wingmen insisted I buy him a drink.
So we had the waitress send over a drink with a paper that said,
"Enjoy the drink! 
#801xxxxxxx"
My phone number.
He smiled and waved when the drink was brought over.
Then they got up to leave.
He came over and introduced himself.
Caleb.
Then a few minutes after they left, 
I got a text message.
And after a few clever texts,
We made a date.
For tonight.

Things like that happen in movies and I never thought it would work for me.
Well for all the single ladies out there, a little bit of bravery goes a long way.
And sure, there is a chance he could end up being weird.
Or we may never speak again after tonight.
But karma has a way of working everything out.
And if you put yourself out there, something good will come eventually.
So, send a stranger a drink.
And wish me luck with my stranger.


3 comments:

Kimberly Noelle said...

I just died a little. Jenna. That is amazing. :)I'm freaking out right now for you!

Anonymous said...

This is your movie moment :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

We REALLY need to do lunch.

Jessica said...

YESSSSSSSS I am so pleased I was there. :) You're amazing.