Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of thier dreams."

High school. Ha. High school.
I'm done with it in two and a half weeks.
Done.
Finished.
Hooray.
I used to think I'd be really sad when the end came and I would have to leave.
Sad to leave my friends.
Sad to leave my teachers.
Sad to leave the people I was never really friends with but always admired.
But I'm not.
Because I'm so ready for the next step.
Yes I will miss all of those people.
But the people who really care about me and who I really care about, we'll keep in touch. Graduation doesn't end all of the relationships you ever had.
And there is always facebook.
As long as people keep that,
no one ever really disappears.
And at first I thought about all of the things I never did in high school. And all of the times I messed up.
But then I realized that's not what it is about.
And then I thought about all the things I did do.
All of the funny thing that happened.
All of the great memories that I made.
I don't really regret anything.
I mean sure I messed up A LOT.
But I learned from all my mistakes.
And isn't that what it's all about?
Learning something from this mad place we call high school?
If so, I feel like I did a pretty decent job at being a high school kid.
Good luck to the rest of you out there.
And live it up.
Because you will never ever get these moments back again.

No comments: