Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One. Nine.

Something you regret...

I regret not thinking about my future before. 
When I started high school, I didn't even think about thinking about my future or what I wanted to do with my life.
All I knew is that I didn't want to take hard classes senior year, so I took all my required classes sophomore and junior year. So I guess that kind of worked out. Because the "hardest" class I am in right now is U.S. History. And yes. I am the only senior in that class.
But to be honest, I don't even know if I really regret that.
I love where I'm at. I mean sure, I would love to be Jenoa. Graduating with my associates, getting a head start on life. But if going back to change something would mean that something about my life now changes, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't trade where I'm at for anything. 
Yeah, I made A LOT of stupid mistakes in my past. And I mean a lot. I am always screwing up. But it is the screw ups that got me exactly where I am right now. 
I think if I had to regret something, it'd be all the regrets.
I regret regretting. 
It is a waste of time. 
If you mess up, it is ok.
Life goes on. 
Just fix it.
Don't sit and think about how different life would be if you would of made a different choice or if you would of done better. Just do better. We all mess up. What fun would life be if we were all perfect? It would be boring. Bland. Tasteless. No fun at all. 
Don't totally forget your mistakes. Learn from them. But don't soak in the waters of regret. You'll get all pruney. 
Half of life is messing up; the other half is dealing with it. 
So no regrets...Just lessons learned, k?

No comments: