Sometimes in life you lose.
Occasionally you lose a lot.
And the more you lose the harder it becomes to keep going.
It's like you're climbing up a ladder and once you almost reach the top, someone comes and pushes you all the way back down to the very bottom.
It gets frustrating and a lot of the time you are going to want to quit.
But let me tell you a little secret...
the more you lose, the bigger win you get in the end.
If you keep going and learn from each loss, eventually you will win it all. Its hard to see the big picture when you are in the middle of a losing game, but don't worry.
Things always get worse before they can get really really great.
I know what it's like when everything in life seems to be going so swell and then all of a sudden, bam. Everything that could possibly go wrong, does. You feel like your whole life is sliding down a mountain. But just hold on. God won't give you anything you can't handle. If you can find the tiny speck of good in the worst days, you'll be okay. And life will start turning around the second you let it.
Bad days are going to come. It's inevitable.
But so are good days.
So just be patient, because they'll come just like the sun.
Even if you have a really terrible night, the sun always comes out the next day.
Always. You can make it through the night.
We all have those days when we wake up and we just know it is going to be a bad one.
So when you wake up and feel that, do these things.
Why have a bad day if you don't have to?
1. Get dressed. Wearing sweats and having greasy hair will not make you feel any better. I know it's the last thing you want to do, but get in the shower. It will give you a clean, fresh start.
2. Have a bright and colorful breakfast. Fruitloops, a nice green apple, or some orange juice.
3. Listen to your favorite song. I know everyone has their "bad day" playlists, don't listen to them. You don't need to make yourself any more angry or sad.
4. Give yourself 20 minutes alone in your bedroom. Scream, cry, write in your journal, punch a pillow, whatever you need to do to get it out of your system. Then walk out of your room and leave it all alone. Let it out, then be done with it. Don't take it out on everyone else in your life.
5. Read a book or watch a movie. A happy one. It will take you out of the world for a little while, and when you come back you will feel like happiness does exist somewhere.
I know some days are going to be hard and all you will want to do is lock yourself in your room with a tub of ice cream.
But really, what good does that do?
It wastes one day of your life that you will never ever be able to get back.
So even though it's hard, try to make the best of every day.
And if you're having a hard time just remember that someone always has it worse.
The real remedy to feeling better is to do something for someone else.
I know. Doing service just turned selfish.
Everyone deserves to have a good life.
So live one.
Endure the snow.
Embrace the rain.
And enjoy the sunshine.